Be the second-ever owner of this warm 1970s Glendale post & beam
As seen on CurbedLA.com
Take one look at this dreamy Glendale post and beam. It’s easy to see why it’s only had one owner in its 40-year existence.
Designed by architect Richard Kemp as his own family residence, this 1978 classic is ideally situated to cantilever over a creek. The home is encircled by oaks and sycamores, while the handsome interiors echo their surroundings with beamed ceilings and a wealth of gleaming wood. Floor-to-ceiling windows bring the outside in.
The dwelling sits on a 1.4-acre property tucked into Glendale’s Scholl Canyon, an area north of the 134 Freeway and the famous Eagle Rock formation.
Additional features of the home include:
- 2,900 square foot home on 62,427 square foot lot
- Exceptional privacy
- Designed & built by Carmichael-Kemp A.I.A. for the Kemp Family
- Original details, fixtures & design
- Storage & workshop space
- Sylvan property with oaks, sycamores & mature landscaping
- Swimming pool & spa
- Multiple entertainment areas
- Orientation for morning & evening sunlight in living room
2830 Glenoaks Canyon Drive, Glendale // 2380Glenoaks.com
This article originally appeared on CurbedLA.com